Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Conscience

Take a compass, and position it so that the needle points north.
Now place a magnet at the side of the compass. What happens?
The needle no longer gives an accurate reading. Instead, it is turned
toward the magnet.
Your conscience is like that compass, if properly trained, it will point
“north” and help you to make wise decisions. But harmful association,
like a magnet exerts a pull that can distort your moral judgment.
The lesson? Try to avoid people and situations that may throw your
moral sense off course! Try this experiment…

6 comments:

Clare Marshall said...

ei, it's so nice to see that we have "some" common interests. I am not really an active blogger..not until later...well, maybe it's because I really do have the time right now to make up some posts and go over other blogs. I really want to add your blog to mins. I'll just put a link for you there. I am not really after any kind of ranking...blogging is just my pastime and outlet so it's ok if you dont put a link back to mine. But I'd really appreciate if you return the favor... See you around... x_x

Sky Purington said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! You've got some great info. here, look forward to reading more.

Take care,
Sky

Anonymous said...

the true north, though, is constant.

Pheng said...

This is a great metaphore! I like it. Sometimes distractions can lead us to somewhere else that our mind has no control of. Great post!

Aree Bettermenn said...

Hi thanks for link to my sit just links to you too.check up if u have time http://www.healthyseason.blogspot.com/
have a nice day.

faye said...

conscience is always there for us to guide us when we be in the wrong direction of life specially...